Monday, October 29, 2012

Elder Larsen, Abbott, and Gale at the MTC    October 2012


First cousins: Elder Burt and Elder Larsen  October 2012

Kade's letter 29Oct2012
It is good to hear that things are going good at home.  It was so sad hearing about Neal Coates though. I hope that his wife and daughter are doing okay. 
Thank you for all of the emails this week.  But since I have such a short amount of time I won't be able to answer each and every one of them.  That is why the handwritten letters are a bit easier for me.  I can read them and write back when I have a few minutes.  There are no printers for us to print off letters so I have to just remember what people said.  I did get Dad's letter from dearelder.com a few hours after I mailed his.  That website is so awesome and helps so many people get mail.  I don't even want to think about how many letters they have to print off and give to the MTC every day.
The MTC is still going pretty smoothly even though sometimes can be a little rougher than others.  "The days are long, but the weeks are short."  That is the best way to put it.  Except P-day, it goes by insanely fast, haha.  I will use the card reader you sent to send pictures so thanks for that.  The MTC food is pretty good even though, like many elders say, it gives you gas.  I eat a lot every meal in hopes that I might gain some weight. ;)  I wrote grandma all about the meals. She was right, I had not yet received the candy from Emily when I sent her that letter but I was very thankful for it!  Made me miss Glades real bad. 
One of my roommates has really suffered with allergies and asked us to give him a blessing yesterday after sacrament meeting.  I have always loved being a part of those types of things even though I have only been a part of a few of them.  We have grown pretty close with our roommates and it's going to be pretty hard to depart next Tuesday without them.  There will only be 5 elders in our district left.  They are going to a mission in Mexico. The spanish is about the same as it was but we are working on conjugating and that stuff is very very difficult so we are working on it a lot.
I wore my Air Mormon shirt today and I have had like 10 people ask where I got it.  They love it. Thank you for sending it to me. Well, love ya and hope to hear from you throughout the week in whatever way you desire.  ;)  Love, Elder Kade Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment